Discover the top 10 cities to visit in Portugal, from the charming cobblestone streets of Lisbon to the picturesque coastal town of Albufeira. Explore the rich history and culture of this beautiful country and get ready to make unforgettable memories. Find the best deals on flights from TAP Air Portugal. They offer direct flights from major US cities such as New York, Miami, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. They have deals starting from just $436! Check out TAP Air Portugal now and book your summer getaway.
1. Lisbon – The capital city of Portugal, known for its charming cobblestone streets, historic landmarks such as the Jerónimos Monastery and Belém Tower, and vibrant nightlife.
2. Porto – A picturesque city famous for its port wine and stunning riverfront views. The city is also home to the historic Ribeira district, where visitors can explore narrow alleys and colorful buildings.
3. Sintra – A small town on the outskirts of Lisbon known for its romantic, fairy-tale-like castles and palaces, including the stunning Pena Palace.
4. Cascais – A coastal resort town located just a short train ride from Lisbon, known for its beautiful beaches, charming old town, and picturesque marina.
5. Coimbra – A historic university town with a rich cultural heritage, featuring stunning architecture, traditional fado music, and delicious local cuisine.
6. Albufeira – A popular tourist destination located in the southern region of the Algarve, known for its beautiful beaches, vibrant nightlife, and excellent seafood restaurants.
7. Évora – A UNESCO World Heritage site located in the Alentejo region, featuring well-preserved Roman ruins, a stunning medieval cathedral, and a charming old town.
8. Aveiro – A picturesque coastal city known for its colorful striped houses, charming canals, and delicious local pastries called ovos moles.
9. Braga – A historic city known for its stunning baroque architecture, including the famous Bom Jesus do Monte sanctuary and the Sé Cathedral.
10. Vila Nova de Gaia – A city located across the river from Porto, known for its famous port wine cellars and stunning views of the city’s famous Ribeira district.